RETROFIT'S MISSION - HELPING YOU STRENGTHEN YOUR HOME!
Retrofit was organized as a Non-Profit Corporation under a 501 (c) (3) in 2009. Our purpose is to provide a plan consistent with mitigation strategies complementary to local plans, policies, and ordinances to retrofit qualified structures in Southwest Florida Counties against wind forced natural disasters up to at least a category III level.
Our mission is to assist qualified single family homeowners beginning in Collier county and expanding into the Southwest Florida Counties of Charlotte, Glades, Hendry, and Lee as funds become available. We contract with local (where at all possible), state, federal and other profit and not for profit organizations to assist in our efforts to execute residential mitigation strategies and techniques to fortify homes against damage by wind forced natural disasters.
BENEFITS OF WIND MITIGATION
HOW TO QUALIFY
• Home Must Be Built Prior to 2002
• Home Must Be Site Built
• Home Must Be A Single Family Residence
• Homeowner must show proof of Flood Insurance if the property is located in Flood Zones A, AE, AH, or VE (X and X500 zones do not need proof of Flood Insurance).
• Homes Will Be Retrofitted As Funds Are Available
• A $275 Deposit Is Required To Start The Program (covers the Engineering Inspection Fee. It will be credited back to the homeowner if they participate in the program.)
•The project does not require proof of income, except as required by
special grants that may be made available to Retrofit in the future to
pay the 25% homeowner match.
GRANT FUNDING COVERS 75% OF THE HOMEOWNERS TOTAL COST
Interested? We make it easy to apply!
Apply Online Now! or